Tuesday 28 August 2012

My granny died on Sunday (August 26th). I went to her house on Monday and looked through all her belongings and reminded myself what beautiful possessions she had and how well she kept all her things.

Throughout her life she lived in many countries, travelled all over the place, made beautiful clothes and collected  lots and kept everything so immaculately.

Jeanne (Granny) was a most excellent seamstress and it reminds me how much I want to be able to sew well. My observations from routing through her stuff are - old Liberty fabrics are just divine, styles keep on coming back in to fashion, it is hard for jewellery to ever really go out of fashion, making clothes looks super hard!

But I have come across these new Liberty Lifestyle Craft Fabrics. They're fab and my favourite pattern is this one, Liberty you still seem to have got it!

Red Lytton Cotton Craft Fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment