Friday 17 August 2012

My grandmother is dying but while she is alive here are only a few reasons why I love her very much and always will  - AND when I grow up I want to be just like her!

You could always rely on Granny to -
  • Drink the strongest gin and tonics - ratio: gin (slowly say) 1, 2, 3, tonic (quickly) 1, 2, 3
  • Say inappropriate things to her children, grandchildren and anyone who would listen, 'I happened to flick on to late night Channel 4...'
  • Hold court in any room - 'gentlemen should stand up when a lady walks into the room'
  • Make comments on people's clothing and what she can see 'I can see your bottom' or describe a friend's skirt as a 'pussy pelmet' (yes in a crowded room on my 18 birthday, I had one rather red faced friend!)
  • She once told me if she was every going to do a lecture, she would do it on 'knickers through the ages'

There's much, much more she has done in her time, but for today here are but a few.

I love Granny very much and Granny loves us x

P.s. Nicholas House was the care home she was in at the end and it is EXCELLENT. Don't think old, smelly and sad. This place is new, clean, bright, beautiful views and the carers are wonderful. I am already eyeing it up for my parents ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment